"Personal information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to your inquiry.
- We collect your name, email address and other contact information when you purchase an item from our catalog, over the telephone or from our webstore.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The above list is a sample of personal information that may be collected by MennoMedia. From, time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- In order to eliminate redundancy, your personal information is compiled on a common database used by several other agencies of Mennonite Church USA (MC USA) including, but not limited to: the Executive Board, Mennonite Mission Network, The Mennonite, and Mennonite Women.
- All of the agencies using the common database have agreed to not share the personal information we have collected with any organization or individual outside the group. Additionally, MennoMedia will not sell or trade your personal information which may be collected from our website or through other business activities.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other unassociated organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or product order.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirement of law or comply with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of process a gift or purchase, or other transaction. If you use a credit or debit card on our website, we may use cart authorization and fraud screening service to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you suppled to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information, please contact us in writing at: MennoMedia Development Office, 1251 Virginia Avenue, Harrisonburg, Virginia, 22802.
Updated June 2016